BBC Micro:bits Go Starter Kit
The micro:bit is a tiny programmable computer designed to make learning and teaching easy and fun. You can use your micro:bits for all sorts of cool creations, from robots to musical instruments. BBC micro:bits is widely used in school around the world, from the UK to Finland to Iceland to Singapore and Sri Lanka.
Designed to be classroom friendly, there are many activities and lesson gear towards primary and secondary school children. Coding is just for computing. There are projects that are for Design & Technology, Physics, Art and Music classes.
- 90% of students said the micro:bit showed them that anyone can code
- 86% of students said the micro:bit made Computer Science more interesting
- 70% more girls said they would choose Computing as a school subject after using the micro:bit.
- 85% of teachers agree it has made ICT/Computer Science more enjoyable for their students.
- Half of teachers who’ve used the micro:bit say they now feel more confident as a teacher, particularly those who say they’re not very confident in teaching computing
What’s in the box: BBC microbits, USB cable, battery holder, AAA batteries, Quickstart Guide